|SERVICES FAQs :: BOOKING FAQs
| SERVICES FAQs
Q. What does Ami Tourist mean?
- A. Ami is the French word for friend.
Q. Is Ami Tourist a legitimate tour company certified to organize tours in Viet Nam?
- A. All information regarding Ami Tourist is shown below; you can follow the links to see our legal certificates, licenses and other documents required of an International tour operator in Viet Nam.
- Ami Tourist is an authorized and legitimate travel agency based in Viet Nam. Our team of enthusiastic and professional tour operators and guides are committed to providing our clients with an unforgettable experience of a lifetime discovering Viet Nam’s land and people.
Brief facts about us:
Business License: No-0439/2005/ TCDL – GP LHQT See details
Tax code: 0303488555 See details
International Tour Operator License: GP: 79 -095 / 2010/ TCDL- GP LHQT See details
Ami Tourist & CBI's Export Coaching Program Tourism 2008-2014 (ECP) See details
Q. Can Ami Tourist arrange my Visa for Viet Nam and what do I need to know regarding visas to enter Viet Nam?
1. Most visitors to Viet Nam need a visa to enter the country and should apply for the standard tourist visa which is valid for a period of up to 30 days.
2. In order to apply for a Vietnam Visa your passport must be valid for at least 6 months, if your passport is due to expire in less than 6 months please apply for a new passport.
3. Visas are issued at Vietnamese Embassies or Consulates in foreign countries or you can also apply for a Visa on Arrival which Ami Tourist can arrange for you; this is the most convenient way to obtain your visa and involves simply giving us your personal information as follows:
- Full name (as shown in your passport)
Date of birth
Date of arrival
Length of stay: 1 month (up to 30 days) or 3 months (up to 90 days).
- Port of arrival and departure: Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) or Da Nang Airport.
- You can download the Visa application form, then fill in this form and send to us via email. (We suggest that you also print out two (2) copies of the visa application form and fill them out before arriving in Viet Nam as this will speed up the visa issuing process.)
- We will then submit your details to the Vietnam Immigration Office in Viet Nam to get an Approval letter which takes four (4) working days to issue. This original Approval letter will be sent to us and simultaneously faxed to the Immigration Department at your intended airport of arrival in Viet Nam.
- We will then scan and email the "Approval letter" to you which you need to print out before departing for Viet Nam.
- In order to board your flight to Viet Nam you will be asked to show the Approval letter at the airlines check-in counter. On arrival at your destination airport in Viet Nam go straight to the Visa processing counter and give the Immigration officer your Passport, Approval letter, visa application forms plus two (2) recent passport size photos (4cm x 6cm). Your Vietnam Visa will then be issued in your passport and you will be asked to pay the visa stamp fee (see the visa stamp fee below) to the Immigration officer. Please check to verify that your Vietnam visa is stamped with the correct dates and entry and exit points. You may then proceed to the immigration checkpoint.
- Stamp fee:
One-month visa: US$ 25
Three-month visa: US$ 50
- Example of Vietnam visa
Visa exemption for overseas Vietnamese:
Vietnamese nationals who hold foreign passports and foreigners who are their spouse as well as their children are exempt from visa requirements to enter Viet Nam and are permitted to stay for not more than 90 days. In order to be granted the Visa exemption paper (VEP) overseas Vietnamese need to submit their Foreign-issued permanent residence certificate (PRC), valid for at least six months since the date of entry, at a Vietnamese representative office abroad.
Visa exemption for citizens from other countries include:
1. Citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Myanmar, Brunei and Laos for visits of maximum 30 days.
2. Citizens of the Philippines for visits of maximum 21 days.
3. Citizens of Japan, Cambodia, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Norway and Finland for visits of maximum 15 days.
4. For those who travel to Viet Nam’s Phu Quoc Island: Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals holding foreign passports who enter Viet Nam through an international airport and then transit to Phu Quoc Island and stay there less than 15 days will be granted a Vietnam visa exemption. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. (After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel to mainland Viet Nam or extend their stay on the island for more than 15 days, then the local immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas.)
Q. Does Ami Tourist offer an airport pickup?
- A. Yes we can arrange for you to be met at any airport and transfer you to your hotel, if you book a tour with us this service is included. There are currently four international airports by which to enter Viet Nam, the two main gateways are Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon) and Ha Noi however Cam Ranh and Da Nang International airports have limited international carriers
- In the south is Ho Chi Minh City's Tan Son Nhat airport, Sân bay Quốc tế Tân Sơn Nhất in Vietnamese is located about 7km / 4 miles northwest of the city centre.
- In the North is Hanoi's Noi Bai airport called Sân bay Quốc tế Nội Bài in Vietnamese is 45km / 28 miles north of the city.
- Da Nang International Airport or Sân bay Quốc tế Đà Nẵng in Vietnamese is the gateway to central Viet Nam and is situated 3 km / 1.8 miles southwest of Da Nang City.
- Cam Ranh International airport or Sân bay Quốc tế Cam Ranh in Vietnamese serves the city of Nha Trang, which is 30 km / 19 miles north of the airport.
Q. What range of accommodation can I choose from in Viet Nam?
- A. All the major cities offer a wide range of accommodation from budget backpacker guesthouses all the way up to 5 Star luxury hotels and resorts, however the further you travel from the tourist centers the range of accommodation becomes limited with lower service standards and poor value for money. Since the mid 1990’s Viet Nam experienced a building boom that was not relative to the influx of tourists, this resulted in low room occupancy which forced most hotels to lower their rates in order to attract more customers – so you get the stars at a discount.
- A large share of the midrange market is occupied by mini-hotels; these are privately owned establishments that offer good services and amenities such as large bathrooms with hot water, satellite TV, IDD phone, well stocked mini-bar and usually free wireless as standard. For those travelers who don’t mind forgoing luxury frills then guesthouses offer great value for money. These small and often family run establishments are plentiful in all tourist areas and have simple yet clean rooms and bathrooms and are usually air-conditioned however usually offer only laundry services.
Q. Can children under 12 years old stay in the same room with their parents?
- A. Generally children under 12 stay for free in their parent's room sharing the bed (without breakfast). The age requirement differs depending on the specific hotel's policy.
- The general policy concerning the charging of room and breakfast charges for children traveling together with their parents or family is as follows:
+ Children over 12 years of age is considered an adult by most hotels.
+ Free baby cots are usually available for children under 2 years old upon request.
Q. Do you have discounted rates for children?
- A. Yes, children under 2 years old are free of charge, 2 - 6 years old 50% of adult price and 7 - 12 years old 75% of adult price.
Q. Do you offer group discounts?
- A. It depends on the type of tour and the size of the group; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
Q. Why is your quotation higher than some other tour agencies?
- A. In case we quote our customers a slightly higher price than our competitors the reason is due to us choosing the higher standard alternative that is more competitively priced giving you the best possible value for your money. Please check carefully the details of the itinerary we give you when comparing it to another agency’s quotation to make sure that their services offered and standards match ours and that theirs is the final price – with Ami Tourist there are no hidden costs or surprise fees. If you would prefer to forgo the upgraded standards we can of course arrange whatever accommodation and services to meet your needs and budget.
Q. Does Ami Tourist refund unused services?
- A. No refunds or exchanges can be made regarding unutilized accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services included in the tour price.
Q. Is travel insurance necessary?
- A. Insurance is not included in the tour cost however we strongly advise that you purchase comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover any unexpected events. We suggest that your personal insurance covers cancellation fees, flight delays, missed flight connections, flight overbooking, loss of baggage/personal effects, baggage delays, loss of travel documents and personal money, overseas emergency medical expenses and assistance, medical evacuation or funeral expenses, as well as accidental death and disablement.
Q. Do I need to double check my arrangements before traveling?
- A. Not to worry, Ami Tourist will send a friendly reminder to you to reconfirm all travel arrangements ahead of your arrival.
Q. Should I tip in Vietnam?
- A. Although tipping is not customary in Viet Nam, it will always be greatly appreciated. If you are satisfied with the service of your tour guides and drivers then a tip will be a great bonus and incentive to keep up the good work and develop further. When deciding on how much to tip, please consider the quality of their service, whether they were friendly and knowledgeable and the amount of time they spent with you. Please keep in mind that most hotels and upmarket restaurants add a 5 - 15% service charge which should be indicated on your bill, however you are still welcome to tip the staff directly if you wish. Remember that in Viet Nam a few Dollars tip is for most Vietnamese a significant amount of money and a very welcome addition to their salaries.
|SERVICES FAQs :: BOOKING FAQs
| BOOKING FAQs
Q. What is included in the package tour?
- A. Depending on your requirements our packaged tour will usually include:
+ All transfers and transportation including flight ticket(s), train ticket(s), and air-conditioned vehicle(s) according to your itinerary while in Viet Nam and/or Cambodia and/or Laos.
+ All hotel accommodation as per your itinerary.
+ Professional licensed tour guide and driver.
+ Sightseeing program with entrance fees included as stated in itinerary.
+ Meals according to itinerary.
Q. How do I go about making a booking?
- A. First send us an email with the places you are interested in visiting and the length of time you would like to stay, you should also include the number of people and if there are children in the group please state their date of birth so we can include any discounted rates. We also need to know your preferred standard of accommodation and an approximate budget allowance, and then within 24 hours we will reply with a draft itinerary including all prices. This initial itinerary can be modified through exchange of emails until you are completely satisfied.
- When you are satisfied with your finalized itinerary we need to receive your written confirmation sent by email or fax along with your deposit (at least 30% of total price), please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information, only once we have received your deposit are we able to verify your booking.
Q. When and how do I need to pay?
- A. In order to guarantee your booking a deposit is to be paid once your itinerary has been finalized and confirmed by you, this can be done through a bank transfer or money transfer with Western Union or Money Gram services however we do not accept credit card payment from overseas.
- A final payment covers the outstanding balance and should be paid at least 30 days prior to arrival; this can also be done through a bank transfer or money transfer with Western Union or Money Gram services. If due to unforeseen circumstances you are unable to pay the outstanding balance before departure you may pay it on arrival in Viet Nam; this can be paid in cash or by credit card which incurs an additional 3% on the total amount due to bank service fees.
- You may also choose to pay the full price rather than a deposit, thereby avoiding a second transfer fee.
- Please note that for bookings made less than 30 days prior to the actual traveling date or last minute reservations will be require a onetime full payment before arrival which depends on the confirmation date.
Q. What sort of guarantee, or proof of payment do you provide?
- A. Once we have your deposit we will send you a receipt to acknowledge your payment.
Q. Are your clients financially protected?
- A. Ami Tourist is surety bonded and a member of VNAT (Viet Nam National Administration of Tourism) with whom we have deposited a substantial cash bond in a secure account, this is to protect ourselves and our clients in the event of possible commercial failure of either our own or that of a supplier's. In the case of a failure or insolvency, our customers are guaranteed either an equivalent holiday to that which they have lost or they may opt for a full refund.
Q. What is your cancellation policy?
- A. We would feel sorry if you decided to cancel your trip to Vietnam. However, we realize that the majority do so out of necessity.
- If you must cancel your trip, please send your cancelation notice to our office by email to email@example.com or fax to + (84.8) 3589 0046. Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive your written cancellation.
- All payments for travel services not provided to the passenger shall be refunded in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and in accordance with AMI TOURIST’s cancellation policy. In this event, we will refund any payment made to AMI TOURIST less any cancellation fee that is applicable within 14days of our receipt of your written cancellation request.
- The cancellation fee will be calculated as follows:
|For F.I.T booking
|Days before departure
| >30 days
||20% of full payment per person
|30 – 15 days
||30% of full payment per person
|14 – 7 days
||50% of full payment per person
|06 – 0 days
||100% of full payment per person
|For G.I.T booking
|Days before departure
| >30 days
||20% of total amount
|30 – 15 days
||30% of total amount
|14 – 0 days
||100% of total amount
- Traveler substitutions are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to the above cancellation fees.
- After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours. AMI TOURIST reserves the right to levy cancellation fees when such charges are levied by suppliers, hotels, carriers, restaurants or any other contractors.
Q. What is your force majeure policy?
- A. Without limitation, Ami Tourist shall not be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, death, delay, or inconvenience in connection with the provision of, or failure to provide, any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from but not limited to “Act of God” or force majeure. This includes fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disasters, invasion, war, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, curfew, blockage, embargo, strike, labor dispute, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for the failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time, or refusal of landing rights to any airline, sanitation problems, lack of medical care, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of Ami Tourist. Nor shall Ami Tourist be responsible for any theft and/or loss of your valuable items due to your own negligence.
- If we have to curtail your holiday after departure due to a situation of force majeure, we will offer a pro rata refund only for unused accommodation and excursions. Compensation will not be payable.
Q. What are your liability limitations?
- A. Ami Tourist accepts full responsibility and will reimburse you the appropriate compensation for any travel arrangements not provided as agreed to in your confirmed itinerary if found to be due to the negligence of our agents, employees or suppliers.
- We accept responsibility for death, injury or illness directly caused by the negligent acts of our agents, employees or suppliers during the course of your travel program; damages will be paid in accordance with Vietnamese Law.
- In respect to travel by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, Ami Tourist’s liability in all cases will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international convention, and the conditions of carriage of the relevant carrier.
- Ami Tourist is in no way responsible for any damage, injury or loss sustained by our clients occurring whilst outside the touring program. Additional expenses incurred due to “Act of God” or force majeure (as stated in our force majeure policy above) must be borne by the client. Programs, prices, services and conditions are based on those valid at the time of printing and are therefore subject to change without advance notice before or during the tour.